Did ford ever - intermediate driveshaft

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Did ford ever - intermediate driveshaft
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 01:20 pm:

Did ford ever make an intermediate driveshaft for a TT ? A short shaft?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 03:12 pm:

No

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 03:55 pm:

I think some aftermarket frame extensions made the wheelbase longer. They "filled in" the longer driveshaft length with an auxiliary transmission and/or a short shaft.

The shorter TT driveshafts are of course for auxiliary transmissions in stock length TT frames.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

Thank you both for the info. I guess I will have to engineer one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration