A Screwy Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: A Screwy Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

What type of head did the self tapping sheet metal screws have that fastened the weather stripping to the top edge of a 26-27 coupe decklid? I used to have an original, but didn't make a note of what head the screws had before I sold it. Also, what size should they be?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 11:54 pm:

Text description
Text description
Text description

Took mine apart a few weeks ago, hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 06:02 pm:

Michael, I am not sure from your photos, but can I assume the head was a flat head with a single groove for screwdriver?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 07:07 pm:

Looks like maybe a #8 x 5/8 slotted pan head screw from here...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 02:15 am:

Sorry for the unclear photo of the head- George is correct. It is a slotted pan head. Measurements are just for ease of reference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 11:46 am:

Thanks to both of you. Question answered.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration