Non Ford what is this car please

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Non Ford what is this car please
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 12:18 pm:

This vehicle has turned up on a farm and I dont know what it is so could any member please give me a clue to the make and model... Thank you... Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 12:20 pm:

Looks like a Rockne:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Sommers on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 12:22 pm:

I would assume it is a 1930 Studebaker "Rockne".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

Thank you, so any idea how rare this car could be?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 07:39 pm:

Thank you again as I just found the club for them so I answered my own question.. Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 03:51 pm:

Here's something I learned to day. The Rockne was assembled in Studebaker Plant #10, in Detroit.

So what's the big deal about Studebaker Plant #10? Well, most of know the plant by a different name, the Ford Piquette Avenue Plant. Studebaker owned the plant from 1911 - 1936.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 04:34 pm:

Jerry, We need to get one for the Piquette Plant. Is this one available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 04:42 pm:

Ray is in NSW. If that's where the car is, it would be cheaper to get one in the USA, and in better shape for the same money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 04:53 pm:

Thomas, I was also thinking it would be cool to have there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 05:13 pm:

Hmm, that is a bit of a distance to haul it. . .
In that part of the world, it may be the only example left!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration