Talk about this car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Talk about this car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 02:29 pm:

I thought this "Torpedo" was interesting. I have only seen the squarish gas tank in catalog illustrations, although this one could be new made. What do your eyes notice?

I have no connection to this car and am not thinking of buying it, just throwing it out for discussion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

Hard to see anything to talk about really.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

Tom
Is there something I can't see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 03:41 pm:

Yes, the car. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 03:45 pm:

Tom probably meant to add a link to a Craigslist ad or something... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

Really, you guys can't see it? Wow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 04:07 pm:

That is one of the new invisible vehicles.
It is especially designed for people that can't see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 04:08 pm:

It's all white not black

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 04:10 pm:

I guess I need new eye glasses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 04:14 pm:

Ya those round 15 gallon tanks are easy to make but no one has the right fuel stick for them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 04:17 pm:

The tank is made of double-knotted iron cloth, soaked in a solution of madlin parcense.
Note the Erdway fenders and the crisp lines accenting the cowl. I especially like the link
pin copper windshield frame. You just don't see cars like this !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 04:19 pm:

Oh.. I don't like that color. ARGH, It has a water pump!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 04:22 pm:

Think this post got torpedoed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 04:52 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 04:55 pm:

Never take a picture of a white car in a blizzard...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 06:48 pm:

The emperor's new torpedo roadster?

(We keep bumping this back to the top hoping the picture posting problem can get resolved and we can see the pictures! We like pictures!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

I just don't know what people see in a car like that one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

This is what happens every time you spray on the clear coat without the base color first.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 08:40 pm:

OOOOOOOPPS I did forget the link and now I can't find it, but you guys still managed to discuss it. thanks again forum! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John From Oregon on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 09:16 pm:

It looks like Mr. Strickling found the link to the car he wishes to discuss. He started a new thread on this forum, rather than add that information to this thread.

Here is the link to the new thread by Mr. Strickling: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/643679.html?1463532628

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 09:20 pm:

I think this thread grew by itself and found its own heart and soul.
Interesting car by the way.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration