Car #326

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Car #326
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 02:48 pm:

I learned today that an early two lever car is in the seal cove museum in Maine. Hoping to be able to get up there this summer. Does anyone know history of it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 07:25 pm:

That's interesting! Isn't there a registry for the 2 lever T's? If there is I wonder if this one's in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 11:31 am:

Just found a picture of what I think may be the car you mentioned that's in in Maine. Wife and I were up there 3 or 4 years ago and I took this picture. Same car? What is the model year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 11:35 am:

It is on the spread sheet with all the other 1909 cars and has been known for many years.

Registry history entry is as follows:
L.R. Lohr (HCCA Registry 1961) W.P. White Jr, ILL to Seal Cove Auto Museum, Maine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 11:41 am:

Here are two more cars we saw in that same museum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

Sitting behind the Model N is a Model K Roadster.

At some point in time it has had a two person rear seat added along with a top.

From memory, that Model K may be the youngest one known to exist.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 02:33 pm:

Tim, I believe your correct. Without looking for the file, I believe it's number 95X something. It is also supposed to have come from Ford with the double rear seat and Touring rear fenders (straight instead of contoured as the standard roadster are). Ford did offer the double rear seat as a choice, and we have one 1908 photo of an Oklahoma City dealer owned K with the double seat, making it a tourer or tourabout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

What is the red runabout behind the 1915 that John Mays posted?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 06:56 pm:

Of course, before Maine this Model T was in Springfield...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 08:45 pm:

Here are pictures of the K and its engine that I took when we were there a few years back. I believe the serial number is K938.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 08:54 pm:

The real treasure at the Seal Cove Auto Museum is the all original 1908 Model S Roadster. You can barely see it behind #326 and next to the '15 roadster.

This car is my candidate for the best original Model SR in the world. It has its original paint, upholstery, floor mats, and shards of its original tires.

If you are thinking of restoring a Model SR, you really need to spend time studying this original car.

Respectfully submitted,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 09:11 pm:

Keith,

Below are the cropped photos posted by David Mazza and John Mays:

The overall appearance makes it a Model N, R, S, or SR. The red curved cowl fitted with a windshield spacer and mother-in-law seat would make it a Model S Roadster (SR). They were in normal production in 1908. The front top bow is NOT original to the car but it clearly links the two pictures together. And it appears either the cars or the banners in the back ground are moved around some over the years.

Great cars!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 09:30 pm:

David, I saw that car a few years ago at the cove Museum in Maine. My wife and I were on the Mainely T Tour. It was the second time that I saw a 2 lever T. It was a nice car. I do not know the history of it. THe first time that I saw a 2 lever T was on the MTFCI tour in Rockford Illinois.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 09:45 pm:

Attached is a better picture of the Model S Roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 06:10 pm:

Beautiful automobiles!
The wife wants to go to Maine. Now I have ANOTHER reason why I want to, they also have a railroad out there. :-)
:-) I woulda wet my pants and laughed for a week if I had seen that episode of Mr. Burns in his Ford.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 02:36 am:

Love those early Fords!
Thanks all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 05:03 am:

Duey,Maine also has the Owls Head Museum and the Railway Museum coincidentally they both have Model T rides everyday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 06:34 am:

Checked my files, the K roadster with double seats is number 953, the highest numbered (latest) Model K I'm aware of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 12:05 pm:

These photos of the 1908 Model S were taken in 2004, before the museum was redone.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration