Model T sighting on Washington Blvd in Culver City

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T sighting on Washington Blvd in Culver City
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 07:20 pm:

My Brother in Law just text me this picture he took a couple hours ago. Notice the dent in the right rear fender. That LA traffic is terrible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 12:09 am:

That would be me. I live in West L.A. I wasnt driving today so that pic could have been taken last week as I was returning from my weekly visit to Costco. East bound and down with my slightly crumpled right rear fender.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 12:15 am:

Actually, that's Venice Blvd east bound, that is the McD's at Overland and Venice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 10:09 am:

Thanks George for the clarification.
That is the last time I ask my bro in law for directions.
I enjoyed the thread about your trip to the Valley.

Take care
Kirk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 10:23 am:

I know a lot of T folks live in the city. I am luck and live in a rural area about 8 miles from the nearest town.
I try my best to keep away from cities and city traffic.
Just looking at that T in city traffic makes me glad that it is not me driving in that traffic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 10:49 am:

As soon as I saw the picture I knew who it was.

I grew up in that traffic, so it doesn't scare me. But several miles of stop and go do get mighty tiresome.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 11:48 am:

I used to live in the L.A. area. Even in the 1950's it was half a day drive from Santa Monica to Pasadena on surface streets. There was a signal on almost every corner. It was a lot of fun to take out of town guests on that drive, because almost all of them came from smaller towns or cities!

Now it is almost all city from San Diego to San Bernardino, and west to Los Angeles and south to San Diego, or north to Santa Barbara. About the only open space left are the mountains and Camp Pendleton.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 11:57 am:

Steve
Was that Picture taken in the Norm's parking lot on Sherman Way?

Norm
You sent me the picture of the bowling alley in Montrose where my dad set pins back in the late 40s.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 05:40 pm:

Yes, it was. Fine dining in the valley.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 04:11 pm:

It's easy to spot my car in traffic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

George,

I am glad you car had a dent, so my Brother in Law would notice the T and tell me about it. grin.

Take care

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration