Beehive shocks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Beehive shocks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

I just purchased a set of beehive shocks that are not hasslers. I can't post pictures but the springs have a cage built over the springs. That do not bolt over the spring like the hasslers. No name on them and the only mounting is to the perch and the shackle. I know
I have to swap the perches and was hoping someone out there in T land has had some experience with this type. Do they help with the handling and ride. I'm putting them on a 1911 open runabout. I also picked a set of helps springs and know nothing about them. Might off them and get the double hasslers for my 24 Tudor. Any help or a drawing would be of great help. Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Richard

What you describe may be Halladay shocks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 09:18 pm:

Yep that's them. Thanks. Are they worth the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 09:26 pm:

Yes, they are worth the time. I have a set and they are great. Really helps the sway of the body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 09:41 pm:

Alright. I'll go ahead and rebush. I'm not sure how they mount but I think they'll work good on the 11 open runabout and they look cool. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 09:43 pm:

Mine look like they mount on the perch eye and to the end of the leaf. A little different than the photo.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration