OT - Help wanted to identify non Ford early front wheel & one piece spindle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Help wanted to identify non Ford early front wheel & one piece spindle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

Hi all.

I'd really like to know what this wheel suits. It was found in Australia, so could be American or European, however it seems to be a 23" rim (ie: same as T, for 30 x 3.5 tire). The hub is 6 5/8 inches diameter. The unusual steering arm on the spindle may be the clue. It sweeps outward and only just clears the hub bolts. Any ideas?

Andrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 11:40 pm:

Maybe Ford Model F? The F had a forward facing arm, and 30 x 3 1/2 tire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 11:45 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 12:05 am:

Hi Rob.

I wish it was model F! Unfortunately its much heavier in construction than a model F wheel. Also F's used 30 x 3 inch tires. Whatever this is, its not Ford.

Andrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 12:19 am:

Oh well, nice try..... :-)

Then it may be one of hundreds. Maybe the HCCA forum will be able to help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 02:41 am:

Rob - you were right. Model F did use 30 x 3 1/2 inch tires. My apologies.

Good suggestion re the HCCA forum. I'll give the good folks here a few days to solve it first.

Andrew

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration