1917 turtledeck floor question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1917 turtledeck floor question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 12:01 am:

The floor on my turtle deck for my1917 roadster is made of several horizontal thin boards tacked to the wooden frame from the bottom. Is this correct and if so, should there be other re-inforcement as it seems pretty weak. OR should there be a floor under the turtle deck floor.?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 12:16 am:

The thin wood bottom of the trunk is correct.

The trunk itself sits on a sheet metal covered wooden deck so there is no reason to reinforce the bottom of the trunk.

This is my unrestored '17 roadster.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration