My boy came in, with no nothing no lights horn
nothing except running on Mag. First problem
ever with a reliable car. No wire issues all
tested good. Brain flash I jumped power to the
Ign. Every thing now works?? I then jumped the
ampmeter; every thing works. So, if the ammeter
takes a dump (you walk) is this true????
All wiring is correct never been touched.
Then of course this is the $75 gauge my luck.
So for now I zip tied some old amp meter under
the dash & all is good. Another question; its
been said if run without power to the generator
you cook it? Or I'm lucky it charges fine....
All current goes thru the amp meter, either to the battery when being charged by generator or from the battery when the lights are on or running on battery ignition. With the amp meter open, car will still run on mag, but very good chance of generator being damaged. Only a very short time in this condition will harm generator.
You're lucky or you're brilliant for having installed a FP Regulator instead of a Cutout.
(Message edited by ccwken on May 18, 2016)