New one on me?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New one on me?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 06:42 am:

My boy came in, with no nothing no lights horn
nothing except running on Mag. First problem
ever with a reliable car. No wire issues all
tested good. Brain flash I jumped power to the
Ign. Every thing now works?? I then jumped the
ampmeter; every thing works. So, if the ammeter
takes a dump (you walk) is this true????
All wiring is correct never been touched.
Then of course this is the $75 gauge my luck.
So for now I zip tied some old amp meter under
the dash & all is good. Another question; its
been said if run without power to the generator
you cook it? Or I'm lucky it charges fine....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 07:02 am:

All current goes thru the amp meter, either to the battery when being charged by generator or from the battery when the lights are on or running on battery ignition. With the amp meter open, car will still run on mag, but very good chance of generator being damaged. Only a very short time in this condition will harm generator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 07:32 am:

You're lucky or you're brilliant for having installed a FP Regulator instead of a Cutout. :-)

(Message edited by ccwken on May 18, 2016)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration