What Oil to Use in Model TT Muncie Auxiliary Transmission

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What Oil to Use in Model TT Muncie Auxiliary Transmission
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ginny Andrews on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 04:20 pm:

I have a 1925 Model TT with a Muncie auxiliary transmission. I drained the Muncie and replaced the oil with 80W-90W gear oil. But it is leaking into the U joint. I was told that I should use 600W or 680W gear oil, and the thickness of the oil will help keep it from leaking into the U joint. Does anyone have any more specific advice on this subject? Also, what grease should I use in the U joint?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 12:29 am:

85-140 gear lube what I used in the Muncie and rear end I just keep in simple

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration