Old photo - washed up (1939)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old photo - washed up (1939)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 05:14 pm:

From Shorpy: http://www.shorpy.com/node/12505

Kk

I love the cut down 1926/27 T pickup in the background :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 05:48 pm:

I think the kids these days have nothing to complain about, the kids in the photograph don't even have shoes .

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

Yep. When over half your pant leg is a patch you're in a position to enjoy a good meal of meat and potatoes and don't worry too much about what toy is in your happy meal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 10:21 pm:

Roger,

I don't think that's a TT for several reasons:

1. The improved car ('26/'27) body style was never used on the TT.

2. The rear tire looks to be the same size as the front tire, not the larger tire you'd expect to see on a TT.

3. The running board brackets are spaced as you would expect in a regular T, not the 12" spacing used on a TT.

It is a terrific photo. Lots to think about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 10:23 pm:

Roger,

My mistake. You didn't say TT. Sorry!!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 10:24 pm:

Tough times back then. Cool truck. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 01:30 am:

Tough times, or we just live in an artificial reality where everyone expects "Disneyland" ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 10:30 am:

I wouldn't smart of to them. That little one would pull his rope belt off and hang you. Tough looking kids. Ahhh them good ol days. Cool photo. I'd frame it and hang that one in my house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 11:14 am:

Here's one to go with it titled "Dust Bowl Daze" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 11:27 am:

Great depression era photo. Never seen that one. It should be in a book. Notice the kids have haircuts.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration