Engine for 1917

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Engine for 1917
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Magdalena on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 09:14 am:

Hello,

I am searching for an engine for 1917 T. If you know about some store in Europe, it would be wonderful ;-)

And how much does it cost normally? I have no idea ;-)

Thanks for your help!
Magdalena

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 12:24 pm:

Here in the USA a junky motor is worth $200-500
A rebuilt motor will cost $2000-4000 depending on what was required.
A 1917 engine will have no starter or generator so make sure the magneto is operational.
The calender year 1917 engine number will be in the range 1,610,000 to 2,440,000
My recommendation is to have the existing engine rebuilt, as shipping costs on parts is much less than a complete 500 pound engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 03:49 pm:

Very few new cars were imported to Sweden in 1917 due to war restrictions on shipping, so it's next to impossible to find any '17 engine here. I don't know whatever happened to all Ford ambulances in France after the war - many of them must have been '17:s, but few seems to have survived.. Over the years at the forum we have only seen postings about one chassis in Spain and one in Norway that seems to have originated as an ambulance.

If you haven't got any engine at all, your best bet to find a '17 engine is in USA. Try the classified section of this forum :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 08:26 pm:

Magdalena,

Tuckett Brothers is located in England see their site at: http://www.modeltford.co.uk/#!cars-for-sale/c1k0a

Unless the person is knowledgeable about the Model T Fords there is a chance the car is not a 1917. And any Mode T Ford Engine & transmission assembly from 1909 (after #2500) to 1927 will fit any 1909-1927 Model T Ford chassis. Some minor parts may need to be changed out etc. but it fits and functions.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration