To the Post Editor here

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: To the Post Editor here
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 01:16 am:

I will go back to lurking on the forum and spend time finishing my 15th model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 01:51 am:

Bob, hang in there. Don't let a few bad comments get to you. We've all(at least some of us) have been there. Keep up the good work. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 05:44 am:

Bob, like anything in life it can have trials. Don't stop posting. The problem with facing a computer while communicating is it isn't the same as facing a person. Many times I wish I could delete a post. I have found that while posting it doesn't always come out the way you intended. But it boils down to the fact we need your input, opinion and knowledge. People squabble, families squabble, friends squabble its all part of the fun we call life...stay with us !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 07:41 am:

Good Morning Bob,

As I travel thru life I can remember saying things that should not have been said….and I believe that many others have done the same.
This computer age allows us to communicate very fast – which is sometimes good, as our questions can be put to many without having to ask the question numerous times. A reply can sometimes come back in minutes, rather than days or weeks. Problem is, unlike the spoken word, the printed computer word stays visible for a long, long time.

Every one of God’s creatures has something to offer his/her family members – and on this Forum, we are all members of the Model T community. Over the years you have helped broaden my knowledge of the workings of the T, and I am sure that you have more to offer. Please do not stop your contributions.

You have more knowledge in various areas than many of us….won’t you please reconsider your statement, and continue to share that knowledge with your family?
Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 09:11 am:

Please stay around, you're too valuable to this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 09:13 am:

Your choice I suppose. Since you don't state a reason and I don't recall any particularly abusive posts lately I'll assume your future lack of posting will remain moot. At least you can still glean info from the site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 09:26 am:

Bob, don't stop pecking and pawing on the keyboard here on the Forum because of a little smart ass ribbing. :-) I for one enjoy your input and fellowship, Hang it there!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 09:56 am:

Hold tight Bob, we all take incoming fire from time to time. The internet is full of keyboard commandos that often fire off a volley in text that they would hold back in person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 10:02 am:

Bob, I'm a newbie here, don't know the history, what, where, when, why, who or sometimes, how... but I've been in your shoes on another forum.
I don't post or respond on that forum anymore, but still lurk and PM to a poster if I feel I can help.
So if you don't want to post, I certainly understand. But don't stop helping others. It's one of the most important hings we can do with our lives . . . reach down and help the next guy up.

HNO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 10:18 am:

Bob, what was the resolution of the axle key way from Langs?
I assume some of the forum response to you picture of the two different keyways which has upset you. I too have had rotten things written about me, once you remember who wrote it, brush it off and move on. There are some folks who I know only thru the forum and I highly respect them, there are others who I don't even bother to read.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 01:13 pm:

I hope my two response postings didn't bother you--the first one was just a reaction to the Star Trek TNG picture--thought it was a good title for it, the second one was to wish you well.
I do hope you continue to participate, you have provided good stuff in the past here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 01:50 pm:

Bob there is only one thing you can do in the face of adversity............and that is my friend to flourish and prosper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so my friend it is easy flourish and prosper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwHwmMthHkk

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 02:03 pm:

n maver, That was amazing! Guess I'm never to old to learn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 04:09 pm:

Yeah Bob M! I have been dealing with extra family stuff the past couple weeks, and not here as much, but I did see that thread. I wasn't too happy with a couple early comments. However, most of it was supportive of you. You are a part of the family here. I (for another) look forward to your comments. So, shrug it off, and have a wonderful day!
See you here soon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 06:27 pm:

Bob, you and I spoke on several occasion and I think you are a great contributor to this forum. Don't let life get you down, watch the you tube video of flourish and prosper again by n maver above. Been there and done that where you are, dust yourself off and keep on T ing. Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 06:52 pm:

I'm glad you guys like the video I use it all the time with myself and friends and family I had to watch it at least four or five times before I really got enough understanding of the way it applies to life. I now apply this formula ruthlessly in my life :-)

Here's a picture of a 1915 Ford Model T that I took the other day at Forth Road Bridge just outside Edinburgh Scotland hope you enjoy the picture we got home just before the rain fell out the sky . N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 11:04 pm:

1st off folks my orginal post was not to harm anyone it was showing two mismatch parts received. One an order of many mistakes ok I just picked the part that I had easily at hand showing just one issue
Yes I can make them work but with many repop parts
One should not have to remake it to work if that's the case I just make my own parts.
Tony Langs is sending me a new key along with the other corrections once here I send back the unneeded items in this order.
My post should been more about poor quality repop
parts, but didn't come out that way
Steve Lang and I have figure it out
Lastly no its not the ribbing or the tar and feathering I probly get but the editing of the post in question by someone besides me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 11:11 pm:

I went back to read that thread and had to use the history and go back and when I cliced on it the title had been changed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 12:13 am:

We'd be the poorer for your having left, Bob. _Would you please reconsider?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 01:03 am:

Mark C the text was changed as well but doesn't matter could care less
Been working on and driving model T's for the last 28 years and heck I'm only 47 been worked on model As even longer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 01:14 am:

It's the internet Bob........sometimes ones fingers move a bit too soon........sorta like losing your temper with your fingers.
I mod a site with 85,848 current registered users.
I USED to let some things bother me but I got over it.
You and everyone else will too....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 02:17 am:

I have done business with Bob Middleton off and on for something like twenty years. I have always been inspired by his passion for putting model T's on the road despite the challenges life presents to all of us. My model T partner and I call him Nevada Bob and we are proud to call him a friend. Not everybody is an English major. Bob has driven more T's than just about anyone who would presume to critique his grammar and spelling. Bob, keep the faith!
Fordially, Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 11:19 pm:

Thanks brother Erik
Don't worry folks not going just minding my steps- for fear of being Tarr and feathered by the Grammer police.
But I guess after college I become lazy with my Grammer probly for many reasons, I always struggled with it
Guess for every period or comma I forget one more castle nut gets installed with a key

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 11:57 pm:

Bob, keep on keeping on! We all have our own shortcomings in life, and as we all know, life is too short to worry about such frivolous things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 12:08 am:

Bob, that is one killer pic! Who created that sculpture? It really captures the intensity of a belt fed machine gun crew at war. Let me know if we can help with your current projects. The Mother Lode model T club swap meet is only a few weeks away. Will we see you there?
Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 03:17 pm:

Hi Bob, the mini-gun sculpture is a wonderful thing. It reminds me of one of the gun crews on one of the gun trucks up on the DMZ. I wish it was mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 11:06 pm:

Bob, I haven't met you outside of the forum, but you sound like an upstanding guy. I'm sorry if everyone's critiques of your post have rubbed you the wrong way. The problem is we only have the words on our screen to judge your attitude, mood, and state of mind when we read the forums. The "grammar police" only exist to help properly shape the way we internet users form our thoughts and feelings in the printed, or in this case typed, form. It's not an attack on your personal character.

I personally had to read your post several times before I understood what was going on, although I did understand your frustration. At least that much was clear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 12:47 am:

Don't worry guys still one step ahead of the Grammer police "comma" so watch out"period"
Now yes Erik will be there and looken for few items
Finish my current speedster should be be Rollin once DMV gives me my plates only been 3 weeks since they were ordered, they are a new offering from our version of DMV horror story.
Sorry guy I don't know the story behind the sculpture ran across it on the net sure like one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 01:33 am:

Beside all that, Bob has been helping The Sacramento Model T Ford Club and the Country Club Lions Club with their project of building a Model T to give to the Society For the Blind (comma?) to raffle off for $$$. Bob The frame is working perfect!! AND WE THANK YOU!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration