2nd Grade History project

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 2nd Grade History project
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 11:59 am:

My son Cale did his report on Henry Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 12:30 pm:

That's really neat. Cale is lucky to have a dad as cool as you Derek!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 12:53 pm:

That little Henry Ford in the back seat look very nice. It's great to see the children getting a chance to see your car. I'm glad the teachers let the students go outside and look at it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 03:06 pm:

Derek, I wish I could have been there. Gramma standing in the back of the picture said Cale's project got all the attention. Lucky Cale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 10:29 pm:

The car was a hit with everyone, and Cale was very proud of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 08:00 am:

Well done. Great way to pass on the story of Henry Ford and the Model T. Also a great way to stimulate interest in our hobby for future generations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 08:28 am:

Very cool I am sure the kids loved it. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 11:54 am:

Awesome!

Once of our club members has his granddaughter TOTALLY immersed in restoring her own Model T. She is doing everything that does not require "man hand strength".

http://www.carboncanyonmodelt.com/Cal%20Bush.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

Getting kids involved with a hands-on education is ever so much more effective than getting them to read it from a dry textbook, because that's just data without experience. It's so much more exciting, fun and memorable to touch the artifacts and learn how to use and maintain them.

The biggest deficit the antique car "hobby" is a lack of youth involvement (It used to be ladies and minorities, but that involvement is developing). But mostly, what we need is young people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

Reading Cale's composition about Ford on the Facebook post about this I'd say it was exceptional work for a second grader. Very nice work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 01:14 pm:

I have to say, the kid is a ringer for the young Henry Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 05:04 pm:

The poisoning of young minds with thoughts of evil old stuff .... it just ain't right !

You just wait till some liberal Prius puke in the media gets ahold of this story of child
abuse and lifelong mental scarring !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration