INFORMATION: I NEED A SOURCE

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: INFORMATION: I NEED A SOURCE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 02:24 pm:

I need a source for the following item. Its a sleeve that goes on the end of a Bendix Drive. It has two small holes 1/16"?. It has THREADS on the inside. It is 7/8 inch long and has an inside diameter of about 3/4 inches. I will try and post a picture.

sleeve

A picture also of the end of a Bendix with the sleeve on the very end.

Bendix with sleeve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 03:05 pm:

Looks like our images went to the same place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 10:23 pm:

thanks for trying Steve. I switched over to windows 10 and am having a hard time but I won't give up yet.

sleeve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 10:26 pm:

The sleeve above on the right side of the Bendix is what I need. I am looking for a source for about a dozen or so, but I don't find any in the catalogs.

sleeve #2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

Bump: I hope some one knows where I can get the sleeves????

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 08:45 am:

I'm confused. You're saying one thing and showing another. The item in your last picture is called a Stop Nut. The whole Bendix assembly is sold new so someone is making the parts but they aren't sold individually. Contact Lang's and see if they will divulge the supplier or make arrangements to supply the part. If you're buying 10 or more, they may oblige.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 09:08 am:

Dave,

Like Ken said, call Ashley Lang. Ashley is quite conversant in Bendix assemblies after that little dry spell a while back that lasted over a year on getting new...I believe Lang's buy the complete assemblies from China. I don't know how true the individual parts are to the print...but the complete assemblies now work extremely good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 10:19 am:

Yeah, I'm not sure why they would not supply the stop nut as a separate item when the pinion gear is. The stop nut is a wear item. It not only acts as the stop for the pinion but also acts as a bearing surface for the rear mounting bracket babbitt/bushing (Snout). It takes the full force of the starter torque reaction when the pinion is against the flywheel.

As a side note to those that want the most from their starter or "blueprinting": The OD of that stop nut should be smooth and polished.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 10:36 am:

2nd on calling Langs- it that does not get you the parts you need, call Snyders. I have purchased individual Bendix parts from them back when they 1st started reproducing them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 01:54 pm:

I guess if I needed them I would just make them. But that is just me!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 02:02 am:

Ken Kopsky Why do you always have to say something smart. If you don't like my posts then the answer is easy, don't read them. I pretty well stay off the forum for comments like some of your previous ones. It should be easy to avoid my very few posts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 07:14 am:

Well Dave Huson, then " the sleeve above on the right side of the Bendix" is called a Drive Head or Drive Sleeve. It's available as a separate part.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/5021-1/2.aspx

Still confused. ???
Sorry I tried to help you.

(Message edited by ccwken on May 24, 2016)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration