Slow loading

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Slow loading
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 05:43 pm:

Is it my computer or does anyone else have trouble with really slow loading when you change threads on this site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 05:52 pm:

I'm on the other side of the world and changing threads is still instant, mouse click and it's there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 06:24 pm:

No issues here in Missouri. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 07:15 pm:

None here in Tennessee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 08:16 pm:

It may be instant for Frank except when he clicks, the pages load upside down and backward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

Read it with a mirror and standing on my head!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 08:24 pm:

Jim I have an issue with slow loading when I click the back button on my browser, I now go back to the top of the page of the thread I am reading and click on the Forum 2016 link and it works faster, however it will take you back to the top of the forum page and not where you left off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 10:40 pm:

Your internet connection may have slowed down. See if you are getting what you are paying for by checking your actual download speed at this site http://www.speedtest.net/ If you speed is good, try clearing the cache in your web browser. If that fails a reboot may help. If still slow, and you are running a windows machine, open task manager and see if something is hogging your processor. I have no idea what to do with am Apple machine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 11:10 am:

Jim,

Shut the computer down then
- unplug the computer from the outlet and
- unplug the modem from the wall

connect again in 3 or 4 minutes and try it.

If you're on Internet Explorer, go to
- Tools
- Internet Options
- Delete temp files, history, cookies, saved passwords, web form information

That should unload you cache but be advised - you're deleting saved passwords and browsing history.

(Message edited by jesselashcraft on May 21, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 11:15 am:

I have no trouble most of the time. I think the trouble is in the device Jim uses to access this forum.
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration