1915 fired up with new rebuilt engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1915 fired up with new rebuilt engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Adkisson on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 05:48 pm:

I now have the proper serial numbered engine in my 15 Brass Roadster, totally rebuilt and running smooth. Reworked the timer and tuned the coils on an ECCT...I must admit there is no shimmy in the car like before...just a smooth runner. I was able to hand crank it!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Adkisson on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 05:56 pm:

wood bands on the low and reverse, Kevlar brake band...all adjusted real loose for the first run in and will adjust only as needed...especially the Kevlar brake to protect the drum. The Anderson timer was in good shape but the continuity was real high, too much slop in the pin etc...blasted the wiper arm and spring to make good contact and will replace it when the new one arrives...I suggest using an ohm meter on timers to check continuity, they may buss but at high speed with high resistance you will have problems

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 06:57 pm:

Sounds like a blast but we are greedy for pictures!

N

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration