OT for you L.A. old plane buffs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT for you L.A. old plane buffs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 01:59 am:

Saw this fly over when we were over working on Derricks T Sounded awesome !!!
History Comes to Van Nuys!
www.eaa.org
Relive the remarkable story of the B17 as it comes to Van Nuys Airport on May 20-22. Book...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 10:41 am:

I saw it flying patterns over Pasco, WA Thursday, wondered where it was headed, or if I missed an announcement. It is in Van Nuys, Calif. today and tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 11:42 am:

I took the ride a few years back in Lawrence, MA. It was the best $300 that I have spent in a long time. I guess that the flight is more $$ now, but worth every penny.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

I had the opportunity to go up in 2007 & being a member of the EAA, I got the "radio operator's" station (photo below) for take-off & landing - some of the best $'s I've ever spent - she's coming again to Seattle in June - might have to do it again !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 02:57 pm:

Last year I was able to fly on the B-29 FIFI on her arrival into Oshkosh and put the flight on YouTube as "B-29 FIFI Arrival at Oshkosh 2015". The flight was from Madison WI. and took about 40 minutes. It was INCREDIBLE !!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 08:34 am:

I recently took a ride in a B-17 Bomber, The Texas Raiders, at the Spirit of St. Louis Airshow. I sat in the bombardier/nose gunners position. Expensive, but an awesome experience, I highly recommend it!

(Message edited by Lamacchia on May 23, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 08:36 am:

(Message edited by Lamacchia on May 23, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 11:24 pm:

On June 11 at our air show here a B25 will be giving rides. One of the guys that started up our club 30 years ago was a radio man on a B25, and remembers flying over Greenland and seeing the squadron of p38s ditched on the snow.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration