What year frame is this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What year frame is this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 02:01 pm:

Can you tell from this picture what year frame this is? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

1926-27

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 03:14 pm:

Frame is 1926-27. Also look on top of the frame in the area the handbrake crosses the frame. There may be a serial # stamped there. It is the same number as the engine # for that car (frame). It can be on either side, but usually on the RH side. They started putting numbers on the frame on Dec 12 1925. So early 1926 Improved models will not have a number on the frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 04:22 pm:

Thanks!! I'm building a speedster around it and using as much of my "parts inventory" that I can (of all vintages). Plywood sure is expensive,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 06:47 pm:

Hal, I would stay away from Home Depot when buying plywood. It has been my experience that it just doesn't hold up for outdoor projects.
Get some good stuff a seal the h out of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 08:24 pm:

hey Hal just today I was cleaning my front axle and painted it and on the back side of the axle I found 5 1 24, so look there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 08:42 pm:

Hal
You should know that the 26-7 frame will only work with the 26-7 steering column. The holes are drilled in a different pattern than the earlier frames. The 26-7 frame is also a bit thicker and very slightly different dimensions

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration