Poor Boy Tour in Galax, VA - June 12-16

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Poor Boy Tour in Galax, VA - June 12-16
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 02:59 pm:

I realize this is short notice but we only have two or three hotel rooms open, so if anyone is free and wants to join is in Galax, VA on June 12th-16th, you are more than welcome to join us. I also think there is room at the campground if you want to camp instead.

Most likely cannot complain about this tour's costs, -and if you want to see more about what this tour's about, search on Facebook for Model T Poor Boy Tour. Again, I realize it is late but if you would like to attend, please let me know.

Text description

2015 Tour in Richlands

2014 Tour in Middlesboro

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 09:24 pm:

It's been a long time Brent and good to see your name again!! Our first model T was bought in Galax ,Va 20 years ago.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 02:34 pm:

Yeah Brent! And what ever became of that unusual early chassis you were looking at a couple years ago?
That tour looks fantastic! I sure wish I could go to it. I have considerable family history in Tennessee, and one of my wife's ancestors was heavily involved in the division of Virginia shortly after the revolutionary war. Lots of great history around there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

Brent---Will Andy, Barney, and Aunt Bee pay the tour a visit. I doubt Opie will be around. He's too rich by now to hang around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 12:36 pm:

Andy, Barney, and Aunt Bea will be there in spirit! or should I say as spirits! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

Hi Bud, ...yes it has been awhile since I have posted here but Ts are still a focus for me & my family. I believe the last time I saw you was on the gaslight tour at OCF either last year or the year before. You were going the opposite direction and I hollered at you. Galax is a really cool town.

Hi Wayne, great memory!! That chassis is still unidentified however the good news is that it is in my possession now. Unfortunately it is kinda low on my priority list behind other projects such as finishing my '15 Touring, my '10 Tourabout, and my '09 Maxwell, --however we are just about finished with moving and renovations of our new 30,000 sq ft restoration shop. That will free up a whole bunch of time and financial assets! :D

John, the town of Mt Airy has promised they will block-off streets in downtown for our arrival where we can display cars while we tour the museum and stroll on Main street. Also gonna drive by the place where Thelma Lou retired to (she was not a native of Mt Airy) and we are gonna go to a large quarry to see granite being mined.

For those that might want to come play with us next year, our plans are to tour in upper eastern Tennessee next year basing out of Greeneville, TN. Below is a typical pic from last year's tour...

text

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 01:16 pm:

text

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 01:18 pm:

Also, ....folks may wanna look at this group pic to see if they recognize any of their friends who were on tour.

text

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 08:15 pm:

Brent,I'm very sorry we missed each other! Are you still racing the model A?? I think that is the bad side of the OCF is there is so much going on you miss so many!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration