Morton Brett Hood

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Morton Brett Hood
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 05:34 pm:

I wanted to finish the fabrication part of the hood before it goes into storage tomorrow. I won't be able to get back on it till next winter, so I thought I'd share some pics of it at this point.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 06:11 pm:

Wow! Thanks for posting the pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 07:40 pm:

Pretty nice Tom, you may have a future in metal :-)

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 08:31 pm:

Thanks Andy. I found that if you keep pounding on something long enough, eventually it becomes something else that you need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

Tom
Could you please shed some light on the techniques you used?? It looks great!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 08:48 pm:

I went to school with a Morton Hood. Wonder of it's the same guy ? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 11:41 am:

There is something special about bare sheet metal pieces. It's nice to see the pictures before the paint goes on.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 01:41 pm:

You know Tom if you practice at that metal work long enough you could probably open a business doing that kind of work :-)

Very nice looking hood ... but I have to ask how do you hold your pants up when you use your belt to hold the hood on?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

Very nice. Thank you for posting. That is a good looking racer/speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 02:33 pm:

Dennis
He uses belt AND suspenders OBVIOUSLY!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 04:28 pm:

Tom,

Please consider making that exhaust system available for purchase. I have two Rajos that would look great bolted those headers.

Tom Magee
San Jose

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 04:35 pm:

Dennis, no problem holding them up, as usually on jobs like this, I lose my pants....as well as my shirt!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration