The Gilmore Museum Show today...just awesome !!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: The Gilmore Museum Show today...just awesome !!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 05:56 pm:

I got a bad case of dry mouth from my mouth and three chins being dropped for so long...awesome show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

A few more...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 09:18 pm:

It's a great place Don!! Bud.Not much T stuff with the Amish but i did get a brass letter opener with a porclean Dort on it! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 08:27 am:

Don:

Cunningham chassis on that funeral coach ???

Nice wood carved bodywork indeed.

bob j

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 09:09 am:

Went there last year for a Hot Rod show. Lots to see in those barns. The hood ornament display was amazing. If your in the area, a must see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 02:14 pm:

Bob,

That is a Winton chassis on the funeral coach.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

That early Pierce sure is a pretty, well balanced car. When they went to the "frogeyes" headlights, even their best efforts were lost.

What is the car with the "pipe organ" on the running board ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 02:32 pm:

Don,

What is the nice, unrestored car in the 4th & 5th pictures? A Buick?

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 02:34 pm:

Burger,

That is a Packard.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 02:58 pm:

Looks like a swell joint with lots of neat stuff. I 'd like to see what that is with a high wheel and chain drive in the fourth photo from the end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 03:17 pm:

Dan, I knew somebody would ask. I can't recall the name of it. I had never heard of it before. Maybe Ed Baudoux recalls the brand?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kyle Pierce CT on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 05:56 pm:

That's a great place to visit. I'll be moving to within a few miles of there next month. Used to live near there many years ago and enjoyed many a show. Can't wait to see them again this summer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

I have never been there, and am not familiar with their collection. But from what I can see of it in the photo above, I instantly think Holsman, they used their patented "rope drive" to the rear wheels.
Beautiful cars and fantastic pictures! Thanks all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

The Gilmore Museum is absolutely amazing.

I was able to see it a couple years ago and I was blown away by the incredible cars and all of the historic barns they are kept in.

If you are ever anywhere in the area of the museum you need to make it a point to see it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 09:06 pm:

Beautiful Centerdoor and fantastic '03 Model A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 10:17 am:

I go there 3 to 4 times a year. The Gilmore Classic on Saturday was outstanding. First year for that show and I already look forward to next year. This show was extra special because it was the first car show I was able to take my six week old daughter Abigail to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 12:04 pm:

Model A serial #?

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

Alright, Zach .... put Abigail on the line. What did SHE think ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 02:01 pm:

Well, Burger, lets just say that she was a little more interested in napping than in seeing beautiful cars. I'm just glad she didn't spit up on any million dollar cars, or any cars for that matter! For example, here she is with her first Packard, a 1905.

Abigail's first Packard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 02:58 pm:

Our Bro-In-Law took us over there a couple of years ago. (All the rarities left me quite vulnerable to the dropped jaw / open-mouth syndrome.) An extraordinary collection constantly being expanded in size and rare vehicles. Put it on your bucket list, and GET THERE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 05:15 pm:

I am not sure what is more beautiful! More incredible! More fantastic! All those wonderful cars?! Or Abigail, who looks more wonderful than them all!
Enjoy these days! They grow up so fast.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration