Anybody use one of these

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Anybody use one of these
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 09:56 pm:

I've never seen this before.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Model-T-Distributor-Kit-Direct-Drive-6-Volt-1909-1927-/11 1955054284?fits=Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AModel+T&hash=item1a110a8ecc:g:5CcAAOSwJQdW ~pm4&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 10:34 pm:

I think this is the product. They have been selling them for a long time. I have no experience with them.

http://modeltranch.com/show_product.asp?idProduct=4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 02:22 am:

I installed one once for a fella a while back. As I recall, I had to file a "flat" onto the camshaft for the rotor to engage into. But, that was over a week ago, so my memory is suspect. :-) I was rather surprised when it worked. I assume that it is still working.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 03:25 am:

Fitted one up a couple of years ago for a fellow club member, as Tom said had to grind a flat spot on the cam shaft for the rotor button and it was on a RH drive as well, no problems that I can remember and I'm assuming it's still running on it.
If one can be found, I reckon a E timer would be better, less work to fit and still looks original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 10:56 am:

Thanks for the info. As I said I had not seen it before so just curious

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

I wonder if it uses a Ford 9N tractor cap and rotor? Perhaps the points and condenser too?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Far South Coast. NSW. OZ on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

I have one fitted to one of my cars. It works perfectly and has done for 12 years now.
John Stoltz at Model T ranch makes them along side may other great products.
Should anyone be looking for a disturber for their T, I'd recommend one, most definitely. You can buy either 6V or 12V.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 04:10 pm:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Far South Coast. NSW. OZ on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 04:16 pm:

I've just re-read the thread and noticed the distributor is advertised on eBay through Macs.
I'd much prefer dealing direct with John Stoltz, the guy that makes them. http://modeltranch.com/show_product.asp?idProduct=4
I know HE CAN be trusted and he's good to deal with.
Sorry about the photo being on its side. In my file its upright, but I cant correct it here. WX?
Cheers again,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Harris on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 06:08 pm:

Hey Les I'm sure the cap and rotor are Honda accord not sure about points and condenser

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

Alot cheaper if you deal with Stolz directly. I have one and am installing it soon

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration