Old Photo - Winter Fun

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Winter Fun
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 11:44 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 12:11 am:

This needs to be reported to the authorities ! Where are the helmets ? This is child abuse !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 12:35 am:

Burger, under the policies of the "freedom police" our parents would be serving hard time in Gitmo for all the atrocities they imposed upon us. Being free to drive our bikes from sunrise to sunset exploring the world without constant adult supervision is something they would not wish on their worse enemies. But that is the world a lot of us grew up in, and i thank God everyday that i grew up in the time that i did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 08:03 am:

Back in the 60's we did that a lot. We used my dad's 62 chevy P U and car hoods from the early 50's. We would get some good speed in the cow pasture. I am from a very big family and the only injury was my younger brother with a broken leg. My mom and dad didn't have to serve hard time in Gitmo either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 09:15 am:

(Burger, under the policies of the "freedom police" our parents would be serving hard time in Gitmo for all the atrocities they imposed upon us. Being free to drive our bikes from sunrise to sunset exploring the world without constant adult supervision is something they would not wish on their worse enemies. But that is the world a lot of us grew up in, and i thank God everyday that i grew up in the time that i did.)

I grew up in a small town like many of you and had this freedom. All my mother had to do was make a few phone calls and she knew were I was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 09:23 am:

"Come home when the street lights come on."

That was the only rule.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 09:27 am:

When I was a little guy, my mom drove a 1939 Ford DeLuxe. Among my earliest memories is standing next to her on the front seat. When she hit the brakes she'd put her right arm up in front of me to hold me back.

She was lucky. Even after committing such an atrocity she was able to live out her life without being arrested and tried. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 09:45 am:

We used to use sleds and the old WW 2 Jeep. Later we used a C Allis tractor.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 06:26 pm:

Hey Jay you are the man with all the old photos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 06:50 pm:

Great pictures always. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 10:30 pm:

I learned to snow ski at the end of a rope behind a '57 Ford Fairlane. I've still got the scars to prove it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 11:43 pm:

One day I rode my bike all the way down to the end of the SP yards (about 2 miles) and didn't get back home until almost dinner time (I was probably 13 at the time. I was so worried I hadn't told Mom that I came in apologizing (had worried about it all the way home--uphill most of the way) and she said, "OH, I thought you were in your train room all this time!" (My train room was cabin 14 when it was closed for the winter, across the resort lawn from the house) What a disappointment!! She wasn't even worried about me!
The biggest thinqs we worried about were rattlesnakes and getting poison oak!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 12:45 am:

When I was about 10, I spotted an openwire phone lead running off the highway in Fall City
while on a Sunday drive with the parental units. So, a plan was made, and my friend and I set
out bright and early the next Saturday for Fall City on our Stingrays. We rode and rode and
rode and rode .... it didn't seem THAT far when riding in the car ! We picked a couple goodies
off the line and headed for home. It was just as far back. We rolled in just before dinner. Mom
never knew we left the neighborhood.

Years later I clocked the route off in my car to see just how far we rode ..... 45 miles, each way !

My parents actually sat us kids down and gave us the news, .... as long as the cops didn't come
knocking, they really didn't care what we did or where we went ! Not so sure the Fall City adventure
would not have got her fired up. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration