First drive

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: First drive
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Lawson on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 06:54 pm:

Went for my first drive today in my 24 coupe and was scared but I think I did okay. Only drove it around in the yard a few times but can't wait for the next drive. When I got it around 3 years ago it hadn't run in 60 years. Bought parts when I had extra money. I'm so excited!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 07:35 pm:

Congratulations Robert! It's always nerve wracking on the first drive. They're pretty tough so I doubt you'll hurt anything. Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

That first ride makes you worry some but once you have been a few miles it seems easy to drive. My first drive went really well or really lucky. Either way it was FUN. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 09:58 pm:

I don't understand folks who have T's and don't drive them. It's a kick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 10:04 pm:

It's great to hear you've got it running. Congratulations on your first drive. I still remember mine. It's only been about 4 years ago. I felt like I'd joined a whole new group of wonderful people and a wonderful new hobby. Welcome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 12:54 am:

Robert, great news. It's great fun to resurrect a long dormant car. Repeat the procedure tomorrow and refine it, get better at it, and build your confidence. It just gets better from here, but know that the model T will teach you to be humble at times and remember you are driving a machine that in stock form is basically as it was introduced 108 years ago. It will require some hands-on care from time to time. The fact that we can drive them today attests to the genius of the men who deigned and built the model T. Drive your T at every opportunity and you will become inseparable from it. Be aware that they multiply without intervention and you will soon have two or three of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 01:07 am:

Ditto on what Erik said
Baby steps are A-ok just get out there and practice
and soon you be a pro
CONGRATS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 05:42 pm:

Yeehaw!
Robert, we have an uneven yard and live on a big hill. When I first drove my T, it scared the HEXX out of me! It wiggled and flexed all over the place! Is this right?
It's supposed to Duane....

It felt great didn't it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

After my first ride I felt like I had really done something until I thought of all the people that owned and drove the cars all the years before me. My T multiplied and now I have 3 but the 3rd is in pieces at this point.I always wanted a T but my model A friends all said they were a hassle. Truth be know they are no more finicky than a model A. Just my opinion. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 08:33 pm:

Robert, great to see you get it running, I got your phone call but we were gone for a few days, maybe you can join us on a tour sometime.

Rick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration