1924 Fender Differences

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1924 Fender Differences
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 08:21 pm:

I have two 1924 fenders - they have the lip on the front and the double beads where the side splash apron is. However, the inner panels of the two fenders are different. One has a very distinct raised panel while the other has a much more smoother panel. All of the fenders I have seen seam to be the smooth style. Can anyone tell me if the raised panel is for a particular model or anything else about it that you may know?

Fender - raised

Fender - smooth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 09:00 pm:

Maybe an older aftermarket fender?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 09:30 pm:

Perhaps one is Ford and one is one of these:

https://books.google.com/books?id=U_EyAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA377&dq=york+corrugating+ford +fender&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwizrtn5hO_MAhWBx4MKHVX_ABYQ6AEIJjAA#v=onepage&q=yor k%20corrugating%20ford%20fender&f=false

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 10:04 am:

Could be that T fenders had differences like the bodies did.
According to historical sources that's been noted on this forum over the years like Marc's post Ford used different body makers to build the bodies. A car of a particular year and style could have minor differences in the body because of the builder.
Could be the same thing for the fenders also.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration