OT Philip Walter,Baltimore,ca.,does any one know him

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT Philip Walter,Baltimore,ca.,does any one know him
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 03:10 pm:

I have advertised a Maxwell side lamp,and got a reply from Philip Walter,Baltimore,Ca.,does anyone know him.His email seems like a scam,but who knows ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

Scott, you have good instincts!

Baltimore, California

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the place in Yolo County formerly with this name, see Knights Landing, California.

Baltimore, a Former settlement is located in Placer County, California at 3900′55″N 12049′49″W

Baltimore, CA is a ghost town. Phillip may be the only resident now.

I do have a friend with a 1925 RHD Maxwell.

He could use a generator and his lights do not work, if you have other parts available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 04:44 pm:

Since both Baltimore, CA and Baltimore Town, CA are both ghost towns here in Northern California, I would say, YES! it's a scam!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 04:48 pm:

BTW, I live in the Ghost Town of Hurleton, CA; since the old schoolhouse is across the street from me, I claim it's "Beautiful Downtown Hurleton" although 'downtown' was a mile up the road where the hotel/stage stop was. Town died about 1880s and the Hotel burned down in the 1960s. The old Forbestown stage road does cross our property, and you can still see where it ran.
I see James posted while my dial up was trying to post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 10:57 pm:

James,The light I have is a Maxwell No.9 side lamp for the right side,brass & steel,probably around 1909.The wording in the scammers email,gave him away.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration