Wanted early touring tub ford1912

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wanted early touring tub ford1912
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 05:04 pm:

looking for a touring tub for a 1912 touring email me a andrewtherock@live.ie or aosconstruction@gmail.com thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 05:29 pm:

Early, middle, or late '12? Early '12s are step sided, late and middle '12s are often referred to as "slab sided". They are quite different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 05:35 pm:

early type no doors to the front if I can have not to fussy ,,middle or late

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 07:41 pm:

Andrew-
99.9% of all 1912 touring cars had fore-doors. I only know of one exception... If you want open front, you want 1911 or earlier. What is the serial number of your upside-down chassis?

You can order an entire reproduction body here:

http://www.the-craftsman.biz/home.html

Ray does nice work. He has a 1912 commercial roadster in stock.

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

You can always take the fore-doors off and have an open front. I have had mine on and off from time to time. My '12 is a late slab side without external rear door handles. I have the doors on now because my wife likes the way it looks with them on. I prefer the look with the front doors removed but anyone who is or ever has been married knows how that works out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 08:02 pm:

One thing for sure. A touring is not a tub. Lets get it right!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 08:25 pm:

Larry - Kinda' wondered about that "choice of words" myself. Sorta' smacks of "hot rod", no?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

In the hot rod world a touring is a tub.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

sorry its a early touring im looking for ,im told that there is a late touring body type im looking for either type body thanks for you input .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

Sounds to me like Andrew wants to destroy an early body to make a hot rod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

Judging by the profile picture of a nice early brass chassis with no body, I'd say it's NOT destined to be a hotrod.

I frequently call a Touring body a tub also. I'm not a hotrodder, but I have friends who are, and occasionally buy up their left-overs to use on my projects.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 01:24 pm:

I'm sorry I missed understood Andrew.
In Ireland, it might be called a tub.
I also buy leftover parts from hot rodders

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 01:25 pm:

no Richard if you look the picture im looking for it for my rolling chassis . it would be a sin to cut up a body for a hot rod . im trying to finish building my car . thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 01:26 pm:

You can buy a new reproduction 1912 touring body from Ray Wells. His contact info is on the vendor page of this web site.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration