26/27 Front Spindle Oil Cup. Larger Size Than "Normal"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 26/27 Front Spindle Oil Cup. Larger Size Than "Normal"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 08:21 pm:

Neither spindle on my project has a oil cup on top. Nor did the spring bushings. I purchased a handful of the steel flip top oil cups and they tap in lightly into the spring bushings. But the holes in the spindle tops are too large and the oil cups just slop in and won't stay put. I tried a grease cap and it's fitting is too large. I can't feel any threads in the spindle holes and I cannot find a vendor reference to different size oil cups.

Did Bubba just drill out the holes larger or is there an oil cup that will fit this application?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 08:42 pm:

The oilers on the spindles and tie rods are a larger size than the ones on the spring bushings:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/2715D.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 09:55 pm:

I have seen some spindle bolts that the oil cup holes are too big for the normal large cups. If you have any of the larger cups you could try expanding the bottom to get a push fit if they just drop in.
https://www.modeltford.com/item/2715D.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 11:07 pm:

Thank you. That is exactly what I need. I'll get 4 of the larger size and a few back up of the smaller size for my spring bushings.

TO THE CREDIT CARD!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration