Troop 183 Update, 23 May 16

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Troop 183 Update, 23 May 16
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Rakestraw on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 10:47 pm:

Howdy All from Ks!

We are getting ever closer to complete disassembly.

Tonight we finished removing the rear end brackets, the starter switch mounting plate, and the starter cable support bracket. It was good to have small hands to work in small spaces.

As promised, I am starting a running list of parts that we need for our project. If you have a spare or useable one you replaced with new, please consider donating your excess to our cause. Remember, Scouts are Clean and Thankful. We would like to help you clean out your miscellaneous parts boxes and will be thankful for the help and send a tax donation letter to you for you efforts. Seriously though, we appreciate the support you've shown to date. Please email me at rakestrawm@usd450.net and I'll let you know if we've already received a specific donation.

Our list:
1926 radiator shell - paint grade
Starter foot switch
1 wood wheel hub, front
2 sets of wood wheel hub bolts
2 sets of wood wheel rim bolts
1 fan belt pulley
1 hand brake lever quadrant
Rear end ring and pinion gear set
1 Body to frame mounting bracket
2 front spring clamps
2 rear spring clamps
Most of the exposed nuts and bolts will need to be replaced. Currently in need of 8-10 engine oil pan nuts/bolts.

Thanks again.

Drive safely and be well.

Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 11:27 pm:

I think I'd have the scouts in Class B's.

Post an address to send parts if you can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Rakestraw on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 06:27 am:

Thanks for the question.

Parts can be sent to me at:

Mark Rakestraw
3516 SE Garden Ct
Topeka, KS 66605

Feel free to call - 785.409.1924 .

Best

Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Rakestraw on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 06:38 am:

Right now, we're doing the odd jobs we can squeeze in when we have time at meetings, thus the class As. We have been working with nice, clean, dry rust, but have them wear work clothes when we really need to get dirty on a weekend.

Thanks for the comment.

For folks posting, leave us a city/state where you're from in your post please. The boys get a kick seeing where people are. We have one gentleman who follows our progress from Australia and have had help from folks all over the US.

Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 11:29 am:

Hey Mark. I am an Assistant Scout Master at Troop 184 Morganton, North Carolina and am following your post with interest. I have a 1920 runabout I got last year and am learning how to drive it and keep it maintained as well as trouble shoot problems. Also I was wondering what merit badges you can use for your project. Could you use Automobile Maintenance, Farm Mechanics, or Traffic Safety? It looks like a great project for team work and leadership. When I was a youth I was in Boy Scouts and later Sea Scouts. In Sea Scouts we built a catamaran where I learned skills and the experience I never forgot. Your Scouts will store a wealth of skills and memories from this project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Rakestraw on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 02:56 pm:

David

I dropped you an offline note. Shoot me an email and I'll send you more info.

Mark

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration