Line bore

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Line bore
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 02:01 am:

Any one familiar with this setup?
aline
a
aaa
aaaaa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 02:07 am:

Looks like it's built by the plans from Vic Zannis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 10:37 am:

Frank is correct ...that is built from the Zannis plans...looks like there are several extra boring bars also...i have never used one of these units , but have sold several of my design to people who have built ( or attempted to build) this unit ...i can email my procedure sheets that may offer some info. regarding tool setting procedure ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 01:09 am:

Thanks Frank & Gene this was part of what was described as PILE at the end of the Wagon at Evan R Cork Auction.
That pile
1- 24 pounds of Babbitt virgin
2- Hempy Cooper line boring machine
3- Hempy Cooper poring fixture
4- Zannis boring fixture
5- large Bell System melting pot
6- Bell System poring ladle
7- medium size cast iron melting pot
8- Home made melting burner
All sold at once and I was lucky enough to get it.
If anyone is interested in the Zannis fixture it will be for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Musegh Kalon on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 10:40 am:

Can you post some pictures of the Hempy cooper items?
Thanks

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration