"Auto Correct"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: "Auto Correct"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 05:00 pm:

I realize that the "auto correct" feature has it's place I guess, but personally, I'm really getting to dislike it more and more!

I'm sometimes pretty careless about "proofreading" before I post, but now, I'm more careful about proofreading more than ever before. And that's because I'm finding that I need to proofread more carefully than ever before, because "auto-correct" sometimes changes what I write to something altogether different than what I wrote, and I have to change it back!

In a previous post, I just wrote "Permatex" which is exactly what I meant, and it was spelled correctly, and auto-correct changed Permatex to "permitted". Had I not caught that, what I wrote would have made no sense at all.

Even a misspelled word is better than a word that is an entirely different word that makes no sense!

I notice that in proofreading, the word Permatex was highlighted, because spell check didn't recognize that word which is a brand name. I'm okay with the spell check thing, in fact, I think it's great! But it seems like there should be a way to "tone-down" auto-correct a little bit,......FWIW,.......harold

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration