Aluminum windshield frame Qwestion

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Aluminum windshield frame Qwestion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

1926 coupe Aluminum windshields Any info on this ? Are they good ,or do I need an original
Thank you all Lorenzo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 05:10 pm:

Lorenzo, aluminum frames used to be all that was made. Now, you can get them in steel, too. For a street rod, rat rod, or driver, one might choose an aluminum frame as they are cheaper, but steel is the only way to go on a restored car. Also, check with the supplier, but I do not think any of the repos, steel or aluminum, come with the top hinge or side windshield slide hardware.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 05:15 pm:

I purchased an aluminum windshield for my '31 A years ago. I was disappointed by the larger sized extrusions and the poor fit. Find original steel. The aluminum is better suited for the rodders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 05:26 pm:

Lorenzo
I have surplus windshield frame. Only issue is I live in Canada so the freight will cost a bit

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration