The "LADY EL" is 100 today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: The "LADY EL" is 100 today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam "POPS" Humphries Lexington, KY on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 06:54 am:

Our 1916 Model T Touring turns 100 today. She is still much like she was way back then. She does not get out much but then neither do we.
Best history I can find is that she was wrecked and kept in a barn somewhere around Pekin, Indiana. She was restored by Paul Isgrigg (Now passed) of Columbus, Indiana and eventually sold to Joe Cunningham also of Columbus in 1992. She was purchased in 2002 by Joe McGuire in Lancaster, KY and we brought her home in 2012.

We have the 1961, 1992 and 2002 titles. We have been unable to find history prior to 1960.
She plans to stay in our family for a long time.

First day at new homenatural wheels

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 08:38 am:

Happy birthday!

All I know of my T's birthday was that she was born sometime in 1920 (by its body number (007290-20, the engine is a 23 soon to be changed back to 20) I'd say moist likely made January... My birthday in also in January so, we celebrated it together on the 26th. I am 47 she is 96....

4 more years!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joerg Walther - FarFarAway (Germany) on Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 08:40 am:

Happy Birthday also from us (my 1916 T and me) !

One could say my T is the older brother of yours - built on April 16th and 'living' in KY until 2013 before it was shipped to Gemany.

Have a birthday cake:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration