Generator Bracket Differences

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Generator Bracket Differences
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 09:44 am:

While piecing together parts to build up a 1924 engine for a TT project I found three generator brackets on my parts shelf to choose from. I know one should not be surprised to observe differences among samples of the same part, but I was nonetheless surprised to notice all three brackets were different from each other this from a part we often just take from granted.

The two brackets on the bottom of the photos are very similar, however the left one has a Ford script and cast in numbers on both the outside and inside. The bracket on the right has no such markings. The bracket in the top of the photos has much larger gasket surfaces, both front and back, and a different outside profile because of larger mating sections.

Does anyone have insight as to whether these were all used concurrently or whether one is an earlier version of the others?

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 10:48 am:

I have noticed the differences too. I used the beefier one for my '25 engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 12:09 pm:

Bruce's CD Parts Listing shows a couple revs for that timing gear cover.

Part# 3017 First version Factory # 1754
2nd version Factory #1754B Aug 1923
3rd version Factory #1754AR

Don't know which is what, no illustrations.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration