Model T Ford Firewall

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T Ford Firewall
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken lemon on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 12:57 pm:

I am in the process of installing a starter on my 1915 Model T Ford. What modifications will I need to make to my firewall, or can I just replace my 1915 firewall with a newer firewall, say 1919? The difference I see in the pictures is a notch on the inside bottom of the arms of my existing firewall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 01:31 pm:

15 and 19 are totally different,you'll have to change your hood and other things to go to a 19

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 01:40 pm:

Don is right. A '19 firewall is not the right thing for you. I'm pretty sure you can install the starter hogshead and starter without much modification to the existing '15 firewall.

Only 2 modifications come to mind:

1. I do not think this will be necessary, but you may need to trim the wood a little so the starter will fit.

2. You'll want a slot near the carb adjustment knob for a choke wire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

A guy cant go wrong with a starter...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 05:43 pm:

You will have to trim the wood enough so that you can get a screwdriver on the upper screw. That will be most of the wood between the bottom of the firewall and the lower screw on the cast iron firewall bracket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken lemon on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 02:29 pm:

Thanks all.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration