Stevens New York tool. What is it?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Stevens New York tool. What is it?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Taylor on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 07:16 pm:

These came with some parts I just bought for one of my other machines. Does anyone know what they are or what they are for? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 07:25 pm:

Looks like pilots for a reamer set. The small diameters all appear to be the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

I believe they are mandrels for the rod alignment fixture. They will allow the fixture to work for Fordson, Model A, and even Chevrolet, as well as other makes. I have the fixture and would love to have them if you decide to get rid of them ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Taylor on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

You are correct, one end on all of them are the same; 1 1/2". The other labeled ends range from 1 1/4" to 2 3/8". If they are reamer pilots I don't know how the smaller ones would work, not that I have a better guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Taylor on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

That is definitely it, I had a feeling it was something like that, but I expect an expanding mandrel for most connecting rod checkers. The rest of this machine may still turn up so I dont think I will part with them quite yet, but I will be sure to let you know if I do. The gentleman I got them from was still going thru the stuff he salvaged from an old machine shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 08:58 pm:

Ryan, keep your eyes open for the "sea lion" shown in the ad above. They are very hard to come by and are usually missing from the set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 10:47 pm:

Right behind Donnie, if you decide to peddle them and he doesn't take them - took me "years" to find the "sea lion" for mine !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration