OT - ID the pick-ups

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - ID the pick-ups
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 10:28 am:

Fun and nostalgic with some models I never knew even existed....

<http://www.americantorque.com/game/pickup-id/>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 10:51 am:

Fun :-) 35 out of 42 points, never saw any Mercury trucks, but there are lots of things I've never seen.. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 10:56 am:

I only got 60% good on the makes not so much on the years!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 11:15 am:

I got 35 out of 42. I just don't know the model years of some of the more obscure makes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 11:15 am:

That was fun. I got 41 out of 42, called a 30 something Studebaker a Hudson. :-(

Roger, the Canadian Ford trucks were called Mercury.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 11:26 am:

That 55 Chevy throwed me. I thought a 55 was the same body style as the 56,57,58 59.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

I got 38 out of 42 - missed on a couple of years.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 06:19 pm:

Richard, there were two Chevy trucks in 55. The first looked like a 54 and the second was more like the 56.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

I got 36 out of 42 and don't feel too bad as many of these were tricky because the basic sheet metal was the same for years with only trim changes.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

Bob;
Thanks though I was cracking up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 08:40 pm:

Ouch
Only 77%. Onthe other hand one of the photographs is wrong. The "1931" Model A has a radiator shell on it that was only used on the 1930 Ford commercial vehicles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 08:54 pm:

36 of 42... those were pretty tough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 09:53 pm:

36 outta 42, got all the Fords right cept' the Model "A", it was tough !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 10:07 pm:

I got 86 percent correct, including the Canadian 48 Merc M1.
I got all the makes but missed years on the odd ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 11:11 pm:

I tied with Robert Hester with 41/42

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 01:09 am:

Well, I blew it only 28 right, but that's 67%, still better than "average." Part of the problem, is many of them are slightly modified. The Model A shell, I've seen on '31s, but the other thing about that car is the radiator is a standard one, and the radiator for that shell is extra-thick 4-row radiator; you can see the gap between the radiator and shell front.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 01:20 am:

Got 41 out of 42. The linger-on 54 Chev is one I did not know existed as a declared 1955 model. Is this actually true ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 08:13 am:

Early 55 Chevys were call "first series" and late 55 Chevys were called "second series". The biggest difference between the 54's and early 55's is how the grilles were painted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

Yep Burger, it is. I had an "early series" '55 Chevy pickup back in the early '70's. Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration