Homecoming

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Homecoming
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 10:37 am:

The Homecoming in Richmond is coming up next weekend. The weather looks promising for all three days and there will be a lot of activities for everyone. Thursday we tour the bridges of Preble Co. and finish with an ice cream social. The tour is free, the ice cream is not, sorry. Friday we visit a chocolate factory and the Garst Museum. Saturday is the big day at the museum. Our swap meet has grown every year, so we expanded the area for it and still have a few spaces left. It's best to call the museum ahead of time to reserve a space. You can watch babbit bearings being done by Joe Bell, learn how Steve Jelf takes those amazing pictures, or learn how to post pictures on the forum from Jerome Hofman and Steve Jelf. Mike Kossar will be there demonstrating coil testers and we have Model T rides and a Model T sawing wood. John Butte will be there with the Silver Streak-- this is an amazing story about 22 girls and their journeys in a Model T in the 1930s. You won't want to miss Homecoming 2016.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 12:22 pm:

Jerry, That sounds great. I'm looking forward to it.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 04:42 pm:

I was surprised that no one has taken me up on getting there block poured? Mr Carpenter is the only one that wants to do his own and learn, I still have room to do another but if no one lets me know, I will just have to haul one from home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 08:58 pm:

Joe:
i will be picking up a load of blocks and cranks and heads near Detroit on the trip to Richmond ...you can use several of these for your demo... these will all be for sale and someone may want to purchase a block and crankshaft and have the mains done in your demo ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 09:17 pm:

Gene, I may be interested in some blocks also, I need a 22 for a customer, his was cracked up beyond repair. Thanks Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 09:17 pm:

Gene, I may be interested in some blocks also, I need a 22 for a customer, his was cracked up beyond repair. Thanks Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 09:30 pm:

Plan tomorrow to wash and load one of the vehicles in the trailer. The other one will go in the back of the pickup and if there is any rain in the forecast I will wrap it in a tarp. Plan on leaving early Wednesday morning. Figure around six to seven hours on the road. Looking forward to it but not to the highways. Went to Dayton last week and the roads were not good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug hauge upstate NY stittville 13469 on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 04:56 pm:

i am so,looking forward to the homecomming. see you all there!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 06:41 pm:

Joe:
i am not sure what years these blocks are ...i bought the lot "sight unseen" ...most are early to mid 20's i suspect given the few pictures i recieved ...you are welcome to use 1 or more for your Demo ...always an optimist ...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

1950 is loaded and secured in my trailer, quad is loaded and secured in the bed of my pickup. Going to tarp it tomorrow as there is rain in the forecast for Wendnesday, my travel day. A test run is in order to be sure the load is balanced. First time for this truck and trailer. I loose an hour driving there. Hwy 70 there nearly all the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 11:53 pm:

Here is the current forecast:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration