Always best to change 4 old tubes on the same day...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Always best to change 4 old tubes on the same day...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 10:47 am:

On my 3rd flat in 3 weeks... because the tubs are old I should have just pulled them all out and replaced.
So today removing the last 2 tubes so I can enjoy the weekend!
(Well, there goes my back again)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 11:05 am:

Know the feeling. I had three flats in the 1910 last 30 days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 11:25 am:

The old incandescent light bulbs seemed to go out in clusters, too. Too soon to tell if the modern compact flourescents and LED bulbs will be the same way. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 02:01 pm:

I took all the old tubes out of our model A sedan when i bought it and 1 tube had 7 patches on it! People did what they had to do in those days. I haven't had a flat tire on it the last 6 years. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 08:52 am:

Mark...the compact flourescents a.k.a. CFL's, won't last as long as they want us to think. I've been buying the LED's regularly to replace rapidly failing CFL's when they're on sale at Menards, usually get the Sylvania brand and they seem to be fantastic. And they use even less electricity than the CFL's. We've dropped our overall elec. consumption with the switchover and a more efficient heat pump & a hot water heat pump, by almost 30%. Now if only the dang rates would quit rising almost as fast!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 12:04 pm:

I don't know what's more frustrating. A flat on the road or walking out to the car one cold morning and seing a flat. Put air in the tire and it never goes flat again. Where did the air go?

I save old tubes and use the rubber cut into strips for rub pads and mounting pads on my restorations. When I mount a grab handle or accesory to one of my military vehicles, I always glue a little tube rubber pad between the part and the body tub. No noise and if I remove it later, no damaged paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 12:11 pm:

Robert,

Great idea... never though of doing that!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration