Old Photo Changing Street Lights

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo Changing Street Lights
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schiebe - Plymouth, MN on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 02:12 pm:

This might have been posted before?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

Gary,

Yes, I think there was one like that before. But the light surely had to be changed more than just once.....and besides they probably had more than one black T so now there is a photo of each of them...;)

The old photos are always appreciated and we have new folks that may not have seen one that was posted last year etc.

Thank you for sharing it.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 11:15 pm:

Even if it was on here before its really cool. I don't want to have do that for a living. Cool T. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 11:52 pm:

At least he can grab onto that wire behind him if he looses his balance. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 12:18 am:

It has been posted before but new people log onto our great T forum every day and they have not seen it! Now they have, so keep posting neat period correct stuff you find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 07:18 am:

Looks like an arc carbon street light. Those needed the electrodes periodically adjusted to keep them working. My grandfather (being and old electrician and collector) had one in his basement he would periodically light up. Those things were incredibly bright!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 08:38 am:

Well now that's OSHA approved!! He doesn't even have the ladder braces locked in!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 08:43 am:

I would have to think that the ladder legs are fastened to the roof of the Model T somehow!
He doesn't look like Laurel or Hardy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 11:21 am:

Neat, thanks for sharing. Reminds me of when I was a first year apprentice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Dowell on Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 10:50 pm:

That is really cool. Never seen it before. I have that same ladder still use it platform is great. I won't be putting it on the roof of my T though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 11:16 pm:

Actually it's the first attempt at an electric powered Model T. Disadvantages were evident.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration