Brake pedal coil box clearance on speedster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Brake pedal coil box clearance on speedster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 07:32 pm:

Oops my bad I posted in the forsale wants area
Know I do it one day .
I designed my new speedster with a flaw witch didn't show up until the seat got made
My BIG feet when I press brake pedal hit the coil box.
Now I either got relocate the coil box or add to the brake pedal head.
If I put on the reverse repo extention problem is solved so I could weld up a copy
Or go with 26/7 coil box and figure how to cover the coils box holes.
Anyone have any solutions

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

Bob would you post some pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 10:09 pm:

Pics I'm leaning towards to 26/7 box or make mine work and tin over the hols with then hold the ignition switch and light switch but you see I cut it tight, and top it all it been move back 2" to clear

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 10:14 pm:

Can anyone tell me can one adapt the fun prodjects coil box boards to a 26/7 box I think I just need add the spacer at the cross bar. I only rebuilt one late box 10+ years ago or would a fordson box work

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 11:23 pm:

To fill the holes, use some of those hole plugs used in plumbing or electrical work painted black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 06:56 pm:

The brake pedal in the pic seems to be too far forward in it's relaxed position. Why not just bend it back so that it is further from the firewall and coil box?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 01:01 am:

Set up loose currently for max throw
Like know my perameter

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration