Doing a May thing before June

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Doing a May thing before June
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 08:50 pm:

A few months ago I changed the crank bushing on my T because the crank was wobbly loose and had a hard time staying engaged.

It didn't help, but since I have a starter I worked on other projects for awhile. When I got back to the crank I noticed that the ratchet was pretty much worn out so I replaced it.

Now I realize that I need to press the crank bushing in further.
It was a bear getting it in as far as I did. Now What?

I am thinking about some 1/2 inch threaded rod, big washers, nuts, a shout piece of pipe that fits over the sleeve and some bad words.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 09:05 pm:

Hi Fred,

Yes; threaded rod, washers, pipe as a sleeve, and nuts so that you can pull the bushing flush with the face of the crankcase "snout". That is what I had to do. Good luck with your project. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 10:47 am:

Thanks Bill,

Is it ok to use bad words?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 11:01 am:

Fred,

Some bad words are a necessary ingredient in any project. Just ask my sons. If it weren't for the various projects over the years their vocabularies would have never fully developed. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration