Torque Specification

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Torque Specification
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 10:30 pm:

Does anyone know what torque specification Champion used when assembling two piece base plugs at the factory. Steve Jelf and I would like to know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

All i have ever read, was not overly tight, as they expand when they come up to temp.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 07:58 am:

This is from my copy of the 1917 Dykes manual. Notice the recommendation to clamp the bushing in a vise and turn the base of the spark plug when tightening :

Here is the advise on torque - start with less, and if necessary you can tighten a little more if it leaks in use:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration