1914 Horn Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1914 Horn Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Fedullo, Milford MI on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 10:59 pm:

Should the flexible hose from the bulb to the horn remain unpainted brass or be painted black on a 1914 touring?

Thanks!
-Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, May 27, 2016 - 11:12 pm:

Hi Joe,

As far as I know they are unpainted. Others will chime in, I'm sure. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 12:22 am:

Painted, except for the bezel and screen, which are brass, like on this 1915.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Fedullo, Milford MI on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 06:00 am:

Keith, I know the horn is painted, my question is about the hose in the interior that goes from the rubber bulb to the horn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 06:53 am:

I left my flex hose unpainted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 06:58 am:

My flex conduit has no trace of paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 08:03 am:

Here is a brand new 1914 in the Ford executive garage in Highland Park. You can see the correct finish on the hose and the position of the bulb when properly mounted:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 08:06 am:

Joe, for what it's worth, mine is unpainted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 08:51 am:

They weren't painted; in 1915, the drawing even called for it to be polished.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration