HCCA Tour - Lots of Model T Pics

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: HCCA Tour - Lots of Model T Pics
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 06:47 pm:

Not OT due to lots of Model T pics: :-)

http://boards.hcca.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=951

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 07:06 pm:

GREAT PHOTOS! thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 08:26 pm:

Great photos for sure. I and two friends (both well known in the early car community) crashed the lunch at Joe Swanns (we drove 3 hours to lunch but couldn't eat since we weren't registered, man that cake and ice cream looked good!).

Great variety of cars and great people of course. I know Clay but he was so busy talking to other people never got to say hi! The '14 T is the one that came from about 2 miles from my home in Winchester, proud that Peter is a friend and proud that he owns the car, the car has a great home...

Very nice tour, think this was the first year it was an HCCA national tour?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 08:26 pm:

I just went on there last night, and this report wasn't there yet. Thanks for the heads up! Looks like it was a fantastic tour.
Thank you Mark S!
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 09:13 pm:

Mark, thank you for posting the great link.

Gil Fitzhugh is the person posting and reporting on the great pics. Gill is a frequent contributor here and an all around great guy. Thank you Gil for the pics and info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 09:20 pm:

Pics are awesome. Great cars. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Monday, May 30, 2016 - 10:55 am:

Mark, thank you for reposting this. I was going to post the picture of Kathie Conrad's T here with a link to the article, but while I was trying to wrestle with the downsizing you beat me to it!

David, I'd have liked to meet you. And there was plenty of food and dessert; I'm sure Joe would have let you join us had he known you were there and had come all that way.

Rob, you're going to make me blush!

I'm glad you enjoyed the article and pictures. There are HCCA tours like this in the northeast and northwest all summer. If you have a pre-'16 car, join in the fun! Brass cars - and people - are sparser in the middle of the country. But local HCCA clubs out there often have non-National tours that include cars into the 30s. So folks with later Ts can do some good touring there, too.

Gil Fitzhugh the Elder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan Grube on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 03:32 pm:

I've found a lot of the guys who attend the HCCA brass in bucks tour real stand up guys. When I had my 13 I couldn't ever attend the tour because of work commitments but tried to make the show. They were always really nice to us younger guys. Now unfortunately that I don't have a brass car I don't really attend. Some of them have model A's too so I see them around in that crowd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

Gil, seeing some old friends and meeting some new was worth much more than a few bites of cake and ice cream! Had a good talk with Joe, told him I was a trimmer too and he kiddingly asked me to leave his shop...uh, pretty sure he was kidding..nice guy. Next time will make it a point to say hi to you.

One interesting point, the 1914 Model T that Peter had there came from a late friend who lived 2 miles from me..the car was restored in the 60's by him, in his garage, before a lot of repro parts available, so very correct...and you wouldn't think it was that old a restoration...but it is...

I own a 1927 Dodge Brothers cabriolet for the same fellow...not as exciting , but rare and a nice car too...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration