Crank handel pin

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Crank handel pin
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, May 30, 2016 - 05:11 pm:

Odd question for all
Anyone have an idea of what the dia of the pin that goese through t the crank handle
This is the pin on the earlier crank handles
Why I'm asking I need know befor I by one for a non ford car easier then making one if right dia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 30, 2016 - 05:29 pm:

Part #3905? If that's the one, the parts book shows the same for all years. 5/16" x 1".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, May 30, 2016 - 09:19 pm:

No the handle bolt #3902 I assumed it a pin
This is the bolt/pin the hand handle or spinner goes on
The ratchet end nearest the motor is done but need add a handle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Monday, May 30, 2016 - 09:39 pm:

If you're talking about the earliest style that used a wood (or later bakelite) handle and has a special straight-slotted round head, the shank where the handle rides is 1/2" and the end that goes through the crank is turned down to make a shoulder and is threaded 7/16"-20.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 12:03 am:

Bob, I have one but its out in the shop. Ill take a picture and get the dia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 12:56 am:

Walter thanks Jerome that be great but I didn't want to order a $30 part and have it not work I rather make it
I'm actually going to order the 13/14 style
I'll post a pic once it's done
Thanks to the forum it's a great help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 10:44 am:

Like so many, you failed to mention the year of your car! How can we help if you don't provide us that information! I can think of at least three different styles of those rivets used throughout Model T production.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 11:21 am:

The ratchet is held to the crank by a rivet up through about 1917. It was not removable without either removing the pan or drilling out the rivet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 11:10 pm:

I got a photo today using my phone but left it at the shop when I came home an hour ago. Will post the pic tomorrow. I do remember is was a skinny 1/2" at .490" and the small end was a fat 7/16" at .440"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 11:34 pm:

Larry one crank I'm making is non ford as stated, and one for my speedster using an overland crank parts I post a pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 11:40 pm:

This crank is the one for my speedster
The other one is simular

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 11:43 pm:

The hole at the handle bolt is 7/16

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 12:46 am:

Royce:

The ratchet was held to the crank end and thus part of the pan assembly by that pin you mentioned all the way into 1919.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 01:03 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

I make the new pin like the photo above, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 02:04 pm:

John,

Thanks, I knew it was through at least 1917 because mine is still riveted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

Bob B
In Jerome photo is the left end of the pin 7/16

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration