Interesting story I heard of a T this week end

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Interesting story I heard of a T this week end
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 10:02 pm:

An older fellow called me up a few weeks ago, was wanting me to help him with his mag and transmission. I thought it would be a good time to go visit my brother in law and kill two birds with one stone. After meeting this elderly gent he told me he had owned the Model T since he was a teenager. He lived at that time in Texas and heard they where throwing money away on the streets of Detroit. That got his interest since he was very poor in Texas, he was told if he drove east one days drive then north one days drive and keep doing that he would end up in Detroit. He made it to Detroit and lived in a 55 gallon barrel doing all kinds of odd jobs till he made enough money for rent. He later found a job with Oldsmobile and then the Hospital in Lansing, he worked both jobs to get a head in life to later raise some children and run his own Mexican Restuarant. He still owns the T today and drove it all the time years ago, people would make fun of him since he could afford a new car but his T was just fine! I am not a good story teller but some one needs to talk to this old gent and write it down, his stories of life and Model T. If some one is interested in contacting him and getting a really good story contact me off line and I will get you in touch with him. Thanks Joe Bell 419-618-1025

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 09:06 am:

If I was on the same continent I'd be there, can't be too many left to provide such oral history. Someone get over there with a recording machine and talk to him!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 10:00 am:

If any one is interested in oral history two suggestions -
1. http://dohistory.org/on_your_own/toolkit/oralHistory.html

2. https://storycorps.org/ National Public Radio has been an advocate of this for years. Stories of the common man and woman.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 10:55 am:

Where is he now?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

Lansing Michigan

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration