National Drive Your Model T to Work Day

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: National Drive Your Model T to Work Day
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

Let's make tomorrow into a national Model T day. I challenge each of you to drive your T to work, take a photo of it at your place of business and post it here tomorrow when you get home.

I've only got a 22 mile drive to the hospital where I work. So, I have no trouble accepting the challenge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - 10:24 pm:

National drive your Model T to work AND leave an oil spot day.

Drove a Model T to work on two occasions some years back:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 01:18 am:

I take mine to the shop all the time but it's only 3 1/2 miles. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 01:32 am:

Guess I'll run errands tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 08:09 am:

I'd love to Eric.. but I work 103 miles away, commuting every day from the mountains of West Virginia to Lanham, Maryland (20 miles west of Annapolis). It'd make for a very long day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 08:29 am:

Oh, NO!! I have to give up my retirement and get a job, just so I can drive my Model T to work? Won't it suffice if I just load it up with stuff and drive it to recycling?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 11:05 am:

Erick, I like that image of a T marking it's spot like my dog is constantly doing when I take him on walks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 11:14 am:

It is forecasted to rain cats and dogs in Houston tomorrow. Flooding is a certainty. Plus, my T will not fit in the covered parking. it is too tall. The underground parking will flood anyhow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

George ,
stop by and say Hi ......3300 Olympic blvd , santa monica 90404

john

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

I wish I had seen this before I came to work

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 01:40 pm:

As an AaRP (Ancient and Retired Person), my "work" away from home today was driving to town and to the water district office to pay bills and shop. I thought this house on Third Street made a pretty good setting for a picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 01:42 pm:

"National drive your Model T to work AND leave an oil spot day."

Erik, you're repeating yourself..... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 02:27 pm:

I'd love to but first my T isn't running (see thread "Ok, now what?) and second, I work out of my house!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

At last years annual "Bring Your Other Car To Work Day"

42 Miles plus a Ferry Ride each way.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 03:08 pm:

As promised, here's a photo of my T in front of my workplace. I hope we get a few more folks to post. If not, we'll try again later this summer with more advance notice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 03:18 pm:

I'm taking the Team Green Roadster out today for a little shake down getting ready for the Montana 500.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 03:24 pm:

I wont be able to drive either of mine i have to work 2 hours and 45 min away tomorrow. If i can keep it up for 7 more years my work will be being retired. IF! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 03:43 pm:

I used to drive my T to work a couple of times per week. But, since I became a RN, my shift work schedule has really limited the days that it's practical to drive a T to work. I don't feel safe driving in the dark on rural roads. So, I only take the T to work when I have meeting or training days like today, where I had training from 0900-1300

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 03:47 pm:

U working guys are killing me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 04:17 pm:

Marty,
You work out of our house? Then you've already taken your T to "work."!!
Hey, wait, that's me too!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 10:22 pm:

I like the idea. Wish I had seen the post earlier. I am considering driving it tomorrow. Need to see if I have any gas left in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 11:30 pm:

I'm in !! Retired so I ran some errands.
First and most important stop Coffee !

Stopped at Costco for eggs and fuel.

On to the bank for a money order.

Then to property management to pay rent.
Then to hobbie shop checking on collectables.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 11:34 pm:

I didn't see this thread until tonight but DID drive the 23 to the hospital for rounds and then to the clinic and then for wings after work Yesterday. Sorry, no pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 01:19 am:

Just returned to work today after an illness from a tick bite. Good to be back taking care of others, being a patient is no fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 02:17 am:

Took the TT out to deliver some materials to a job and pick up some plywood. Got a pic
once back at home. Will post later. Gotta hit the rack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andria Myers----------Long Beach, CA on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 06:51 am:

Ummmmm.....not today

Flying

But wait, since I also work from home - I guess I did!
AND I did leave an oil spot or four or ten.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 07:15 am:

Ha ... I drive my T to work at George Eastman Museum on an average of around three times a week. :-) The only times I don't are when I need to bring heavy or bulky things.

The funny thing is when some of the docents are giving garden tours they often tell their groups that it was George Eastman's car. Pretty sure George had a Cunningham.

Recently we gave a workshop in how to make 35 mm motion picture film from scratch. We did a test clip of my T driving up to the Eastman Mansion. Would love to post it here but don't know how.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 07:27 am:

Oil spots, excuses and photos from fifteen years ago don't count. So, it looks like the medical professionals win the day and George earns honorable mention.

BTW- If you think Model Ts mark their territory, then you haven't been around pre-T cars. Most of them have open valves and transmissions with constant loss oil systems. My Maxwell, relatively clean for an early car, is designed to go through about a pint per hour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 08:13 am:

What am I, chopped liver? I did errands too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 08:28 am:

I, too, ran errands.

Getting something to patch the exhaust on the F250:

And then getting a few groceries:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 04:01 pm:

It was getting pretty dark by the time I remembered to take a photo, so my sky is all foxed
out in the editing process.

Two days earlier, the engine was all apart, replacing a broken valve. Runs like an industrial
vibrator now ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 05:47 pm:

David, maybe what we should do is get in our Ts as if we are going to drive to work, go the nearest Tim Horton for a coffee and maybe a breakfast sandwich and drive back home!!! (That is once I get mine running. You can start without me.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 09:07 pm:

Marty,
Good idea, except I'm 15 miles from town, and about 1000' elevation change! I could drive to a piano tuning up here--if I had one, but right now Barney's not running either!!--But if we didn't admit that, no one here would know!! So, since the T is on the property, we can say we had the T at work!
Heck, if it were running I could drive it from the storage shed, across the creek and up to the shop building--about 1/4 mile, would that count??
:-)
Upper shop area

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 09:20 pm:

I drove the 26 roadster to work and got a couple of the boss's t running yesterday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

I drove 450 mile to a U pick strawberry patch 20 miles from Richmond Indiana the last two days.
Picked for an Hour. Does that count?
P.S. had to change # 2 rod at mile marker 144

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 01:07 am:

Dean, And you still averaged 34MPH for the 450 miles!

Now that's pretty good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 04:05 am:

To MR Chopped Liver, Sir, need more Jelfies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 01:30 am:

. A couple days late.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 11:33 am:

David, sure! That counts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

I like the idea of this but, it would also be "drive your Model T without insurance day" due to classic car insurance rules.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Meixner on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 08:20 am:

Didn't drive to work, drove my RAJO speedster to Devils Lake ND for the Devils run,185 miles. After I arrived met a gentleman with T's, so another 65 miles to look at his stuff. That was Thursday, drove home Sunday, Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 09:32 pm:

Steve, are you bringing your Buick down for the Northland1&2 Cylinder Tour June 24-26? We've got nice routes and good food planned.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration